Woonona Medical Practice is not a bulk billing practice. We ask that all accounts be paid at consultation time. We have EFTPOS facilities available (debit and credit card) and also accept EFT (direct deposit) and cheque. Medicare rebates may be claimed in person at a Medicare office, or can be sent online directly to Medicare and you will have the option of receiving your rebate via direct deposit into your nominated bank account.
Consultation Fees - apply for both Face to Face and Telephone/Video Consultations*
|Item||Length||DISCOUNT Fee||PRACTICE Fee||Medicare Rebate|
|Standard Consult||Up to 19 minutes||$61.00||$81.00||$39.10|
|Prolonged Consult||40+ mins||$133.00||$153.00||$111.50|
- Discount fee applicable for patients with valid Centrelink Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, all other patients are charged the Practice Fee. If you are having financial difficulties please discuss this with your doctor.
- The fee schedule above only applies to standard consultations, higher fees apply for integrative medicine, chronic pelvic pain and menopause clinic appointments, please contact reception for further information
- Worker's Compensation/CTP Insurance consultations are billed at the relevant SIRA rates, patients are resposible for payment until all claim details have been provided (and in the event the claim is declined)
- Some consultations for example employment or insurance medicals are not rebatable by Medicare, please ask reception for fee information
- Fees and rebates for minor surgical procedures are variable. If you have questions please do not hesitate to ask our friendly staff.
Paperwork Without Consulation
Repeat Script/Referral without Consultation
Results requested to be emailed (no charge if collected)
$20.00 - Practice Fee
$15.00 - Discount Fee
Late Cancellation/Non-Attendance Fees
|Cancellation Fee Standard Appointment||$20.00|
|Cancellation Fee Double Appointment||$33.00|
Mental Health Care Plans
|Discount Fee||$114.00 - $169.00||$93.80-$138.30|
|Practice Fee||$133.00 - $199.00||$93.80-$138.30|
Depending on the complexity and duration of the procedure, and whether you are having both or just one ear microsuctioned, the fee payable on the day is between $78 - $178. Your out of pocket expense once getting your Medicare rebate back will be $40 - $60.
Please note, even if wax is not present a consult fee will still be charged.
Bulk Billed Services
These services are only bulk billed for regular patients of Woonona Medical Practice. In other cases, a fee may apply.
- Childhood Immunisations
- Injections (excluding travel vaccination)
- Script only appointments (eligibility criteria applies)
- Cryotherapy of warts with prior arrangement
- Home Medication Reviews
- GP Management Plans
- Health assessments and chronic disease checks for:
- heart disease, and
- kidney disease
- Patients who are eligible for:
- “Closing the Gap” Program (once enrolled at the practice) - consultations only
- Veteran's Affairs
Our current fee schedule is also displayed on the PowerPoint in our main waiting area. Please be advised that for longer appointments or those with multiple issues the fee will be higher and an appropriate appointment must be made.