Butler and Moseley's Explain Pain kicked off a revolution in therapeutic neuroscience education and has become the go to pain bible for clinicians and sufferers alike. Explain Pain is an exciting new perspective on pain that, by understanding it, can actually change our experience of pain, especially chronic pain.
Dr Adele trained in Explain Pain under David Butler and gave a very well received talk to practice patients in January 2020 which she has now made into a series of four Powerpoint with audio modules.
Dr Adele has an interest in the psychological aspects of chronic pain and is very happy to see patients for lindividually tailored long appointments. She has a particular interest in Chronic Pelvic Pain.
Explain Pain PowerPoint with audio modules:
Please click here to access the four 30 minute Explain Pain modules for no cost. These can be freely forwarded to any interested people.
Making an Explain Pain appointment:
It is strongly recommended that prior to making an appointment for an Explain Pain consultation that you gradually work your way through the modules and take notes about what is applicable to you in particular and any questions that might come up.
Please make a 45 minute appointment with Dr Adele Stewart for an initial Explain Pain consultation. Up to four sessions are often required. Costs will vary but the out of pocket cost is around $43 ($20 for card holder/pensioners) per consultation.
- If you are interested in mindfulness meditation, the MBSR group course and MiCBT one on one course can also be especially helpful for chronic pain.
- Explain Pain – David Butler and Lorimer Moseley (2013) – Further explanation on Chronic Pain in general – available from www.noigroup.com
- The Explain Pain Handbook Protectometer – David Butler and Lorimer Moseley – available from www.noigroup.com (Dr Adele will suggest you purchase this if you do Explain Pain consultations with her.)
- TED talk by Mark Bowden on how to improve your body language
- ‘YOU CAN CHANGE YOU!’ absolute motivation video - The Amazing transformation fo Army veteran doing Yoga
- A World of Hurt podcast with Annie O'Connor (check out the Lamp analogy of how pain works right near the end)