Woonona Medical Practice offers the following nurse services with no out of pocket costs to our regular patients. Visitors to the practice are also welcome to use our nurse services but do need to be reviewed by a doctor each visit and pay the appropriate fee.
- 75 years and over
- 45 – 49 year old health checks
- 40 - 74 year old mini health assessments for those at high risk of diabetes, heart disease, stroke or kidney disease and NEW HEART HEALTH CHECKS for all
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health assessments
- Health assessments for the intellectually impaired
Chronic disease and care plan input:
- Diabetes, Heart disease, Stroke and Kidney disease clinics
- Asthma and COPD (Emphysema) clinics
- Osteoporosis clinics
Lifestyle management (if recommended by doctor):
- Quit smoking advice/support
- Diet and lifestyle modification advice and support
Tests (if ordered by the doctor):
- ECG (cardiogram)
- ABI (“leg artery test”)
- Spirometry (breathing test)
- INR Testing
- Blood pressure checks
- Weight, height and waist circumference checks
- Blood sugar checks
Vaccination and injections:
- Childhood Immunisations (including extensive check up)
- Overseas travel vaccinations (after doctor consult)
- Flu vaccines, Pneumococcal vaccines, Shingles vaccines when indicated.
- Regular injections prescribed by the doctor such as contraceptive injection, B12, immunotherapy, anti-psychotic injections
- Ear Microsuction (supervised by doctor)
- Wound care and dressings (referred by doctor)
- Ongoing specialist referrals where the doctor does not need you to make a full appointment.
* Instruments used during procedures are single use.